- 12 Weeks of Giving Starts Now
- Make-a-Wish Foundation Toy Room Makeover
- Disney Movie Rewards Donates Toys for Tots
- Pumpkins, Tutus and Babies, Oh My!
- Can Food Drive
- Donated to Juvenile Diabetes at Walgreens – 12 Weeks of Giving
- Operation Christmas Child – 12 Weeks of Giving
- DonorsChoose.Org Helping Fund a Classroom Project
- Letters to Santa Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Teaming Up with the Salvation Army – Angel Tree Blessings
- Donated Free Meals for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- It Starts With Us – 12 Weeks of Giving
I took part in a blog campaign with Mom Central a few weeks back to help spread the word about the Bing contest ‘Our School Needs’. As a thank you I received a $50 code to use at DonorsChoose.Org for donating to a school project in need. Teachers are able to go online and list their ‘need’ by describing what the money will be used for and how much it will cost.
This week I went through reading several of the stories and if I had unlimited funds I would donate to majority of them. However I narrowed my search by viewing the classrooms of Special Needs children. I knew those stories would be close to my heart and that was the type of classroom I most wanted to help.
Reading this story really got me. I think it’s amazing what this teacher is doing. She is teaching her Special Needs students important life skills while also teaching them the importance of giving back to their community and helping others. How awesome is that?!
I’m excited that I was able to #Blog4Good by using my platform to promote a worthy cause as well as being able to make some funds that I could turn around and donate. Just remember, you don’t have to be wealthy to find a way to give back to your community. How have you blessed someone this week?