- 12 Weeks of Giving Starts Now
- Make-a-Wish Foundation Toy Room Makeover
- Disney Movie Rewards Donates Toys for Tots
- Pumpkins, Tutus and Babies, Oh My!
- Can Food Drive
- Donated to Juvenile Diabetes at Walgreens – 12 Weeks of Giving
- Operation Christmas Child – 12 Weeks of Giving
- DonorsChoose.Org Helping Fund a Classroom Project
- Letters to Santa Benefit Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Teaming Up with the Salvation Army – Angel Tree Blessings
- Donated Free Meals for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- It Starts With Us – 12 Weeks of Giving
For last week’s addition of 12 Weeks of Giving T and I both stuffed shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We truly enjoyed gathering up some fun small items to see how much we could fit into a shoe box yet still make it special for a child during this Holiday season.
Inside the shoe boxes we included some of the same items in both and then a few different items in each shoe box. Above you can see that both shoe boxes included an animal with stuffing, birth certificate and a wishing star. I used to conduct stuff ‘n fluff workshops at child care centers right after Gab’s brain surgery as a way to work with kids and be available to her for all her appointments. I was a consultant for a company called Noah’s Ark Animal Workshop which is where these bears came from. I thought this would be perfect for a child, having their own animal to stuff and name. When a child gets to experience making their own bear usually the stuffed animal means so much more. We also included a roll of stickers, plush monkey bookmark and a fun note card craft in each box.
The items that were different in the boxes included a package of bull dog greeting cards and a monkey & giraffe pom craft kit in my box. In T’s box she included some school supplies such as a Hannah Montana ruler, 5 pencils, a package of two erasers and a rubber bracelet.
We had a blast stuffing the boxes full and it meant so much to us to know these gifts would touch the hearts of two little children. It truly seemed like such a simple act of kindness but we both know it means so much. It also felt great!
What is Operation Christmas Child?
Who have you blessed this week?