Kraft Heinz sponsored this post, but the opinions are my own.
Our family loves hosting cookouts. Any excuse to have our family and friends visit! Not only do we love Labor Day weekend for the extra day off of work and the kids being out of school, but also it starts college football season. The weather finally starts cooling down here in Texas that weekend and we enjoy spending time outdoors around the grill. Check out some of our favorite Labor Day cookout + football party recipes below.
To kick off the football party recipes we will start with the delicious chicken wings!
These wings call for three ingredients to make the sauce.
The Kraft Sweet & Spicy barbecue sauce is really yummy. Don’t let the word spicy scare you. They are not spicy at all. My kids were able to eat them with no issue. I highly recommend picking up two bottles of the sauce – one for your marinade inside the slow-cooker and another for dipping.
Print the Slow-Cooker Party Wings recipe below.
The next recipe I prepared is this fresh salad featuring apples and grapes. If you are attending a cookout as a guest, this salad is easy to prepare and take with you.
This is a well-balanced salad with fruit, deli-meat, cheese and greens.
To keep your apples from turning dark before serving, toss them with your Kraft Classic Ranch. By tossing your fruit in the ranch instead of pouring over the entire salad, it provides a light coat of dressing on your salad.
Print the Harvest Salad To Go recipe below.
When the chicken wings were almost finished cooking, we put the hot dogs on the grill. However, we didn’t prepare your average hot dog, we added bacon!
These Memphis-Style Dogs have quickly become our favorite. Once you finish grilling your dogs, place all your toppings on your football party table.
The crispy bacon adds the perfect touch!
The winning ingredient is the Heinz BBQ Sauce Memphis Style.
Print the Memphis-Style Dogs recipe below.
What are your go-to football party recipes?
- 3 lb. chicken wings, split at joints, tips removed
- 1 cup Kraft Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup thin Granny Smith apple wedges
- 2 Tbsp. Kraft Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup seedless red grapes
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups tightly packed torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup Kraft Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses
- 1-1/2 tsp. Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
- Oscar Mayer Bacon
- Oscar Mayer Selects Uncured Angus Bun-Length Beef Franks
- Hot Dog Buns
- 1/4 cup Heinz BBQ Sauce Memphis Sweet & Spicy
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Kraft Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place chicken on foil-covered rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 min. Transfer chicken to slow cooker; discard foil with any drippings.
- Mix remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over chicken; stir to evenly coat. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high 2.5-3 hours.
- Toss apples with dressing in medium airtight container.
- Top with layers of remaining ingredients; cover with lid.
- Toss salad just before serving.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Wrap bacon tightly around franks.
- Grill 10 to 12 min. or until bacon is crisp and franks are heated through, turning frequently and adding buns, cut sides down, to the grill for the last minute to toast until golden brown.
- Drain franks on paper towels.
- Fill buns with franks; top with barbecue sauce, onions and cheese.