We love hosting cookouts. This summer we mastered the best BBQ ribs with this delicious BBQ ribs dry rub. Learn how to season ribs with our helpful tips and print the full recipe below to save in your kitchen.
How to Season Ribs
Picking a BBQ flavor that you enjoy is the easy part. After you have your BBQ sauce and package of ribs, it’s time for the seasoning. Our homemade ribs rub is made with six ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen cabinets.
Grilling Tip: use a meat thermometer to test when your pork ribs are grilled to perfection. They should reach 190 degrees internally.
After adding our homemade BBQ ribs rub to both sides, we placed the ribs in the oven to cook most of the way through. Before they reached the full 190 degrees, we moved them to the grill for five minutes on each side. This gives the grill marks and provides the smoky taste.
This is also when you brush on your BBQ sauce.
What is your favorite side dish to serve with your BBQ ribs? We love potatoes!
BBQ Ribs Dry Rub
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup smoke paprika
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Mix together your dry rub ingredients.
- Rub on both sides of your rack of ribs.
- Place in the oven until the internal temperature of your ribs reaches close to 190 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- After removing from the oven, brush your choice of BBQ sauce on the ribs.
- Place the rack of ribs on your outdoor grill for five minutes on each side or until the ribs reach an internal temperature of 190 degrees.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Print the recipe for future use or pin the below image to save on Pinterest board.
Pin for Later: