Have you ever made hot chocolate stirrers? The kids love them! These go beyond your typical spoon dipped in chocolate. In time for Halloween celebrations, these Candy Corn Hot Chocolate Stirrers will be the hit of the show.
The full recipe can be printed below. With a few short steps, the candy corn hot chocolate stirrers can be made in minutes. The longest step in the process is cooling the chocolate to set in place. They are so easy to make the kids can do it!
The trick to making the corn corn hot chocolate is to melt, pour and cool each layer separately so they don’t blend together. This gives the yellow and orange candy corn stripe look.
Before your orange chocolate is cool, add your mini marshmallows and stir stick.
You can only push the stick into place until you reach the hardened yellow chocolate. Now place ice tray back into freezer to mold into place.
Don’t these candy corn hot chocolate stirrers look adorable and delicious?
Add to your favorite hot chocolate recipe or warm milk to melt and enjoy.
They are fun to serve at your Halloween parties or enjoy on family movie night while watching your favorite Halloween show.
- Ice cube tray or silicone mold
- 6 lollipop sticks or straws
- 1 cup Wilton orange candy melts
- 1 cup Wilton yellow candy melts
- 24 mini marshmallows
- Optional: Marshmallow flavoring
- Add the yellow candy melts to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth. Add a drop of marshmallow flavoring (optional) and stir well.
- Pour the melted yellow chocolate into the bottom of 6 ice cube slots. Freeze for 15 minutes to harden quickly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the orange candy melts. Microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth. Add a drop of marshmallow flavoring (optional) and stir well.
- Pour the melted orange chocolate on top of the yellow layers, up to the top of each mold.
- Place mini marshmallows on top of the orange layers, 4 to each mold.
- Insert a stick/straw into each mold and freeze for 15 minutes. (It will only go down into the orange layer because the yellow layer hardened in the freezer).
- Remove from freezer and keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Add a candy corn stirrer to your favorite hot chocolate drink and ENJOY!!
Pin for Later: