I love the fall season. Cooler weather, wearing scarves, beautiful color-changing leaves, and all the delicious food. Although I do not personally drink pumpkin spice lattes, I can never get enough pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. This Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe is sure to be a mouth-watering favorite! Bake a batch for upcoming fall gatherings, serve at brunch, enjoy for a light dessert, or to give as hostess gifts.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
You can print the full recipe below.
Gather your ingredients while your oven preheats. Then whisk your flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Combine your canned pumpkin, softened butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream.
The favorite part of the Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is stirring in mini chocolate chips. They will not fully bake into your bread instead, they will melt to perfection.
The extra chocolate chips sprinkled on top of the bread before baking provides an additional layer of gooey chocolate goodness.
- 1 C. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips + extra handful to sprinkle on top of the bread prior to baking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5x3 bread loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
- Combine the canned pumpkin, softened butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes and allow it to cool completely prior to cutting.
What is your favorite fall recipe?
If you love pumpkin bread, try our slow-cooker recipe baked directly into mason jars for individual serving sizes.