If you like the look of candy canes on your Christmas tree, you will love the look of these scrap fabric candy canes. These scrap fabric candy canes are a fun way to spruce up your holiday tree, using items you already have on hand in a fresh way. Here is how you can get started crafting your own.
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by cutting your fabric into ½ inch strips.
2. Add a dab of glue to the end of the fabric strip and press it to the bottom of the candy cane.
3. Once dry, start wrapping the strip around the cane working your way up towards the curve. Pull tightly as you wrap, slightly overlapping as you do.
4. Continue wrapping the fabric up towards the top and to the opposite end of the candy cane.
5. Once you have reached the end, cut the strip to fit and secure it in place with glue.
Your scrap fabric candy cane can now be hung directly on your tree. Or, you can glue two together for a sweet heart shape to hang. Either way, this scrap fabric candy cane is the perfect way to use old fabric scraps in a fun and decorative way.