Mom Central contacted me about attending the movie premiere for Life As We Know It and of course I said yes. I had already seen the previews and couldn’t wait for it to hit the theaters to see it. The movie premiere was last Thursday night and I took my mom with me for a girls night out. We both loved it. It’s one of those inspiring movies with a hilarious twist. There were scenes that made us teary eyed and other clips of the movie that had us busting out laughing.
I enjoyed how the plot took a life tragedy, mixed in some humor, more reality and happiness. It wasn’t all fairytale or sadness. It was the perfect balance. The movie was a nice reminder that literally life can change in an instant and just one event can spiral in many ways to change everyone around you.
The movie has several familiar actors/actresses that I’ve loved in other movies.
- Katherine Heigl – you may know her from 27 Dresses, another fave
- Josh Duhamel – which I know from Romona and Beezus but you may know him from When In Rome
- Hayes MacArthur – you may know him from She’s Out of My League
- Melissa McCarthy – you may know her from the TV show Gilmore Girls, another fave
- Christina Hendricks – you may know her from Mad Men (I still haven’t seen this one)
- Josh Lucas – you may know him from Stolen
If you haven’t seen the trailer I suggest you view it below. I highly recommend this movie. I think both men and women would enjoy it. It’s not just a chick flick, fellas! The movie shows how losing their best friends affects both Holly and Eric and does a well rounded job at coming from both angles, male and female.
Life As We Know It opens in theaters this Friday, October 8, 2010. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
“I attended a complimentary screening of this movie to facilitate my review and received a gift card from Mom Central as a thank you for my time.”