Christmas is our favorite season and we just love getting crafty to decorate. These Cinnamon Snowflake Christmas Ornaments are simple to craft with the kids and even make cut gifts for them to give to teachers and family.
- 4 oz ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Snowflake cookie cutter
- Plastic straw
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
How to Make a Cinnamon Snowflake Christmas Ornament
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine cinnamon, ginger, and applesauce and mix well.
3. Use your hands (it’s messy) and form your dough into a ball.
4. Sprinkle some cinnamon onto a piece of parchment paper.
5. Roll your dough out with a rolling pin onto a piece of parchment paper about a quarter inch thick.
6. Use your snowflake cookie cutter, and cut out several snowflakes.
7. Place your snowflakes onto a parchment paper lined cookie pan.
8. Use the top of your straw to cut out a circle from each snowflake.
9. Bake for 2 hours in a 200 degree oven.
10. Let your snowflake ornaments cool for about 30 minutes.
11. String your ornaments with a little colorful twine and use to decorate your Christmas tree!
For more Christmas and winter ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Cranberry Stove Top Potpourri Recipe by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Christmas Practice Writing Sheets by A Mom’s Take
- Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Drizzle by Mom Does It All
- Christmas in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Ornament Christmas Tree Picture by Simply Southern Mom
- Winter Wonderland Peppermint Playdough by Food Fun Family
- Easy Challah Bread Rolls from Your Bread Machine by Day By Dy In Our World
- DIY Christmas Mouse Ornaments by Blessed Elements
- Graham Cracker Reindeer by This Mama Loves
- DIY Glittered Christmas Ornaments by How Was Your Day?
- Peppermint Bath Salts by Style on Main
- DIY Advent Calendar by Upstate Ramblings
- Cream Cheese Biscuit Puffs by Jennifer Sikora