What can you make out of a package of paper drinking straws and a little glue? A Christmas Tree of course! Take a peek below at how we crafted a straw Christmas tree ornament in just minutes and using just a few simple supplies. This is a fun and frugal craft you will want to enjoy with your own family for the holiday season. Kids of all ages can help craft this Christmas ornament!
- Assorted paper straws (Dollar Tree)
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Assorted star buttons (Dollar Tree)
1. Begin by cutting your straws into smaller segments. Cutting each straw in half is ideal.
2. Press the ends of each straw down. This will make gluing easier. Just take your finger and press it flat.
3. Now begin creating your triangle shape. Just add glue to the ends of two straws and press together to make a V.
4. Snip a straw segment shorter than the ones you used to create the V. This piece will be used to create the base of the tree. Glue it to the ends of the V so your triangle shape is complete.
5. Finish the straw tree by adding a dab of glue to the back of your button and pressing it to the top of the tree. Hold in place until secure.
Now all you need to do is cut a length of ribbon and attach it to the top of the tree with glue. Your straw Christmas tree ornament is now ready to be displayed.