Do you love the man in the red suit and the big red hat? Then you must give this adorable Santa Claus Christmas ornament a try. Using just a few basic craft supplies, you can make your own Santa Claus ornament perfect for gift giving or displaying on your tree. Here’s how!
- Clear ornament (round or square works great)
- Red craft paint
- Black ribbon, foam, felt, or craft paper
- Yellow foam, felt, or craft paper
- Craft glue
1. Begin by removing the lid from your ornament, set aside.
2. Pour 10-12 drops of paint directly into the ornament. Replace the lid and gently shake and turn so the paint spreads. You want the entire inside to be covered. If there are bare spots, add a few more drops of paint at a time and repeat.
3. Cut out a 1 inch strip of black felt, ribbon, paper, or foam. Wrap it around the ornament and secure with glue. This will look like Santa’s belt.
4. Next, you want to craft the buckle. Cut a square from the yellow medium of your choice. Fold it in half and cut out a smaller square from it. When you unfold it, a buckle shape will have formed. Apply some glue and press the buckle to the top of the belt.
5. Now all you need to do is add ribbon for hanging and enjoy.
Your Santa Claus ornament is now ready to be displayed! How easy was that? Hang it wherever you can use some holiday charm.