It’s the 12th week of Pixar Fest which means we are celebrating the 12th Disney Pixar film, Cars 2, released in 2011. For our Pixar Fest at Home Celebration, we created these yummy frozen Disney Pixar Cars Lightning McQueen Yogurt Bars.
Disney Pixar Cars at Pixar Fest
Headed to Pixar Fest at Disneyland this summer? You have until September 3rd to catch this friendship celebration featuring all of your favorite Disney Pixar movies. While at Disneyland, after you spend the day in Cars Land hanging with Mater and Lightning McQueen, catch the Paint the Night parade where you will see Mack light up the night with bright neon LED lights.
Disney Pixar Cars Lightning McQueen Yogurt Bars
Homemade yogurt bars are a summer favorite. This frozen treat is healthy and simple to make. With only a few quick steps, you’ll have colorful yogurt bars the kids will love. Our yogurt bars were inspired by Lightning McQueen so I used yellow food coloring to dye our vanilla yogurt.
To keep with the Lightning McQueen Cars 2 theme, I used red and yellow sprinkles. To add a little texture to the top of our yogurt bars, I crushed Oreo cookies for some tire action.
Let the kids help with this easy yogurt bar recipe by letting them do the fun part – crushing the cookies! Scrape the icing off the cookies, I’m sure the kids will love to do this, then place them in a ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin to smash the cookies into crumbles for your topping.
Layer your vanilla yogurt in a glass dish that is suitable for freezing. Then layer your cookie crumbles on top.
Add your sprinkles to give your yogurt bars a sweet decoration. This recipe can be altered to be any colors you wish.
Cover your dish and place in the freezer for a few hours. I recommend cutting your bars after one to two hours before the center fully freezes. This will make it slightly easier to break apart later.
In Disney Pixar Cars 2, Lightning McQueen heads off overseas to compete in the World Grand Prix race. One of our favorite parts is when Mater eats Wasabi in Japan thinking it is pistachio ice cream. Hilarious.
Are you planning a Disney Pixar Cars party? These Lightning McQueen yogurt bars would be perfect to serve. Or simply treat the kids this summer with a yummy frozen treat while watching Disney Pixar Cars 2!
- 4 cups vanilla yogurt
- food coloring
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- 2 Oreo cookies, crumbled
- Mix your vanilla yogurt with food coloring of choice. We used yellow for Lightning McQueen.
- Remove the icing from the inside of your Oreo cookies. Place cookies in ziplock bag and crush.
- Layer your colored yogurt in the bottom of a glass baking dish for freezing.
- Sprinkle your crushed cookie crumbles on top of your yogurt.
- Add sprinkles on top of your cookie crumbles for sweet decoration.
- Cover your baking dish and place in freezer for one to two hours, until slightly firm.
- Remove dish and use a knife to cut yogurt into bars. Cover dish again and place back in the freezer until frozen solid.
- After a few hours, once the yogurt bars are frozen solid, remove from freezer. Use a knife to break apart and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Pin for Later: