The holiday season is soon approaching, and most of us are already running amok to corners to save a few bucks to shop for the choicest of items, products and services. Hold it right there! Here are five essential tips on saving and earning more bargains, while planning your shopping spree. And while we swear by the immense benefits of using coupons and discounts from home products to clothes, foods to medicines and pet supplies or office and school supplies too, why wouldn’t we want to tell you five secrets to shop and save more!
Know what to buy and what to say goodbye to
First of all and before you head to the store to shop, leave your kids back home with someone who you can trust, and do not shop when hungry! Now get ready to prioritize what you want to buy and what isn’t the need of the hour. For example, parties would happen galore this holiday season, and for that you would need certain items and services to make magic, isn’t it? Think of these must-have’s for the parties where kids are around-
- Glow sticks, bubble bottles and bouncy balls are available for cheap, hula hoops and card games too. Engage the kids with fun but educative games, such as activity books, card games, puzzles and Jenga too, which would stimulate their minds and make them think. Get the kids to play art and craft, enhance their creativity with beads, glitter and eco-friendly paints too.
- What you shouldn’t buy for the kids parties would be sewn dolls, hats and caps, cars and doll houses- when you can get the kids make them from scratch and for cheap that too, why spend a bomb?
Smart shopping for gifting options and party takeaways
The holiday season would see us receiving gifts and giving some too. But be smart while shopping for gifts, and keep your purse happy.
- Yes, you would of course spend a little on seasonal décor, but what you can buy and in bulk (considering the number of attendees you have invited) would be napkins, paper towels, paper plates, wrapping paper, ribbons etc. And along with that, you could invest in candles, a few balloons and streamers or thank you gift boxes too.
- What you can omit from the list would be flimsy plastic silverware, party favors, large gift boxes etc, they break easily and aren’t worth the money you spend!
While shopping for pets
You cannot ignore your four-legged babies, now can you? And, especially when you get tons of swanky option to shop for at target.com, pet accessories just cannot be overlooked. And when you get an extra 20% off discount on every pet supply purchased using Targets coupons and promo codes which can be at this target coupon collection by ChameleonJohn, you know you have hit the jackpot of saving haven!
- Invest in treats for them, training pads, chew bones and more.
- Stay away from canned food, toys and costly clothing. Check online for DIY pet clothing ideas, which can be made from old sheets and clothes.
For your grooming needs
Who wouldn’t want a diva’ish touch at the parties? So shop smart for them as well!
- Pick up hair brushes, nail sets, a hand mirror and foam rollers, socks and shower caps, hot patches and rubbing alcohol, vitamin and medicine organizers, shaving cream and razors, toothbrushes and cotton balls, sunglasses and soaps.
- Try not picking up makeup and feminine products, hydrogen peroxide and medicated cosmetics, hair color and shampoos – the branded captive stores online have cheaper deals than retail outlets can offer!
When it comes to food
Hungry already! We told you to eat before you start shopping, didn’t we?
- Pick your snacks in bulk, for a month.
- Cheese and frozen foods to stock up
- Drinks and spices
- Rice and flour
What you should avoid picking in an impulsive mood are sugary and salty snacking options, they aren’t good for your waistline and are expensive to buy too. Sodas, branded juices, chewing gums, prepared meals, Gatorades, meals in boxes, canned food, pastas, baking sodas, sugars and cereals- they are cheaper to buy in bulk for a month, not otherwise!
Finally, enroll with the retail or brand’s websites and become a member for free. Use their coupons and save more. This holiday season doesn’t have to be rigmarole for the next year, where you have to deal with large bills!