Now that my kids have headed back to school, I’m making more time to spend in God’s word. It’s important that I keep God first during my chaotic days. I like to memorize scripture that helps me through the tough days ahead, which is why I chose the following ten verses.
I want to ensure my mind and heart is where it’s supposed to be, so I can help lead my kids through those chaotic days. I never forget how much smoother my days go whenever I spend time in God’s word.
Keep these 10 scriptures in mind during this school season
- Psalm 68:19 “Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.”
- Proverbs 22:6 “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- I Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.”
- Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
- Psalms 34:19 “The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.”
- Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 26:3 “The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.
- Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
I love every single one of these scriptures. Let us not forget that God is with us even when we are going through tough times. I believe this season of going back to school shall be filled with a little more of God’s peace than prior years. I’m handing all of this over to God and keeping His word in my heart.
Have a favorite scripture during hectic times? Share in the comments below!