Everyone has at least one or two favorite inspirational quotes. Whether it is your own personal saying, a quote from a famous person or a biblical scripture – it is nice to have an uplifting reminder hanging on your wall or sitting on your desk in the office. Below is an easy tutorial that you can do with the kids this summer.
- Framed Canvas
- Black Paint
- 1-2 Paint colors of choice
- Vinyl Quote, or Alphabet Stickers
- Paint canvas your color of choice. If wanting one or two words to pop, paint a few blocks of a different color.
- Allow to dry for 3-4 hours; depending on the type of paint, this could be more or less time.
- Once dry, apply your vinyl quote, or apply your alphabet stickers to create your quote.
- Coat entire canvas in black paint, being careful around the letters to prevent bleeding.
- Allow to dry completely. Once dry, carefully remove lettering.
- Optional: To give it a distressed look, go over the canvas with a fine grit piece of sandpaper.
Tips: Always remember to lay down newspaper when painting for easy clean up. Allow the kids to select their favorite colors and be as neat or messy on the canvas as they want. They can even give it a tie-dyed look.
What is your favorite quote or biblical verse you would put on canvas?