It is no secret that our family loves to take vacations with the Disney Cruise Line. We have been on five already. We have sailed on the Disney Wonder, the Disney Dream and the renovated Disney Magic. After taking a few Disney cruise getaways we have learned what we should pack to take with us verses what we should buy aboard the ship. Knowing what items to bring with you will make your Disney vacation even more magical, plus more relaxing when you save money.
Must-have Items for Your Disney Cruise
- Pirate Garb – Disney hosts a Pirates in the Caribbean themed party aboard many of their ships. Everyone on board wears pirate costumes and even the menu at dinner is pirate themed to kick off the night. There is a pirate dance party with a show on the top deck of the cruise ship and fireworks over the ocean! Bring your pirate garb to join the fun. An eye patch, temporary tattoo, plastic hook for your hand or cute pirate princess dress. If you forget to bring stuff, no worries Disney Cruise Line provides each guest with a Pirate Mickey bandana.
- Disney Style – Mickey ears or princess dresses. Whatever it is, dive into your love of Disney and sport your favorite style and fun Disney gear.
- Autograph book and pen – a great way to save money is to bring a Disney theme notebook with a pen to use as an autograph book instead of purchasing on the cruise ship.
- Sand toys – what’s the most fun about visiting the beach? Playing in the sand! It is much less expensive to bring your own sand pail kit from Walmart or Target than it is to purchase at the beach from a souvenir shop. Wondering how you will pack it in your suitcase? Lay the sand pail sideways and stuff clothes inside and pack around it. Super easy. Once you are done playing with the toys at the beach, just leave them behind. No need to bring back the sandy inexpensive toys once they served their purpose. Plus the extra room can be used for souvenirs.
- Small toys or other surprises – kids love to buy things on their vacations. Having something special to take home with them makes the trip even more memorable. You can save money by tucking away some Disney surprises in your suitcase to lay out on their bed each day. Purchasing Disney toys or a favorite plush character at Walmart, Target, on Amazon or even at your local Disney Store is less expensive than buying a similar item on the cruise ship.
We love the cruise Disney and are counting down the days until we can sail the seas again.
Does your family love to vacation Disney style? Have you ever been on a cruise? Leave a comment and tell us what item is your must-pack for a trip.