I remember eating creamy corn when I was a child, it was my favorite! Over the years I started eating fresh corn and moved away from canned foods. Now, thanks to this Creamy Skillet Corn recipe, I am able to enjoy a childhood favorite and share with my kids. This recipe is the perfect side dish for your holiday meals or served with dinner.
Including all seasoning, this recipe calls for less than ten ingredients. Most of these ingredients you probably have in your pantry and refrigerator.
You can use fresh or frozen corn in this recipe. If you use a bag of frozen corn, make sure you thaw it before cooking.
Print the full recipe below for future use. The exact measurements and step-by-step instructions for making your Creamy Skillet Corn are listed in the printable recipe. Creamy foods are my weakness. I love cheese and cream the most out of all food. This recipe really kicks up a side dish of corn to a whole new level.
Garnish your Creamy Skillet Corn with parsley for additional flavor and color to your dish. The entire family is sure to love it and it is so simple to make the kids can help with dinner.
Creamy Skillet Corn Recipe
Click the print button on the right to add this recipe to your home kitchen cookbook.
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Parsley, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the water, salt and sugar and stir to blend.
- Add the corn and stir well.
- Cover and simmer over medium high heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour and milk to a small mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth and all of the lumps have disappeared. Add the cayenne pepper and blend well.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and slowly stir in the flour and milk mixture.
- Stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add ground pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
Pin for Later: